What do horses, gourds, RVs and concerts have in common? A busy weekend at the N.C. State Fairgrounds, of course.
- The N.C. State Charity Classic Horse Show will be Friday and Saturday in the Hunt Horse Complex. The event will feature competitors in saddlebred, roadster and Morgan classes as part of the Lion’s Club annual fundraiser event. Competitions will be held from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. each day; admission is free for spectators.
- The Hopes from Notes Organization will host a benefit concert and fashion show in Dorton Arena on Saturday from 6 to 11 p.m. Artists include Johnny Orr Band, Serge Padilla, Chino Casiano, Lea Chiurco, Orquesta Gardel, Ricardo Diquez, Anthony Alvarez, Vanett La Regia de Monterrey, Clef Hangers, Norman Lowewanthal, Eusebic Gonzalez and Pavedlid. A fashion show will be held during intermission. Admission is free. Donations to support Hope from Notes outreach program welcomed. Doors open at 5:30.
- The North Carolina RV Dealers’ Association presents its RV Sale and Show this weekend in the Graham Building and Expo Center. The show is the largest of its kind in North Carolina with the biggest selection of RVs on display. Attendees may tour RVs and hear seminars about buying, using and maintaining an RV. Show hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $9 for ages 13 and up; children 12 and under get in free. Seniors ages 55 and up may buy tickets on Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for only $6 as part of the Seniors Day. Also on Friday, after 5 p.m. all adult tickets are only $5.
- The 73nd Annual North Carolina Gourd Arts & Crafts Festival will be Saturday and Sunday in the Holshouser Building. The event will feature a variety of competitions in gourd growing and crafting. Vendors will also be selling gourd crafts, dried gourds, seeds, books and other crafting supplies. Event hours are Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $2 for adults ages 16 and up.
- The annual Unity in the Community Day will take place in the Kerr Scott Building Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event salutes our service men and women with family fun and an inspirational concert. Admission is free and the event is open to the public. The event is organized by The Light 103.9 FM.
- The Raleigh Flea Market also will be open this weekend. Make plans to visit the largest flea market in the state on Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Mark your calendar for these popular, upcoming events: