Hop on out to the fairgrounds this weekend. We’ve got a basket-full of events! Events include two church services for Easter Sunday.
- Calvary Chapel Cary will hold their annual Easter Celebration in Dorton Arena on Sunday. Church service starts at 10 a.m. and concludes at noon. Everyone is invited to attend. Admission is free.
- Church Alive Easter Service will be Sunday in the Scott Building. Service starts at 10 a.m. and admission is free. Everyone is invited to attend.
- The Torch vs LeHigh Valley Steelhawks is Friday night in Dorton Arena. The Triangle Torch is a professional indoor football team. Doors open at 6 p.m. and game time is at 7 p.m. Autographs will be available post game. Box seats are $18 for adults and $13 for children. General admission is $12 for adults and $7 for children. Season tickets are also available.
- The Raleigh Flea Market is open both Saturday and Sunday. Hundreds of vendors will be selling antiques, collectibles, bargains and more in the Commercial and Education Building and outside grounds. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Supercar Autocross Ride & Drive Experience is Saturday and Sunday in the parking lot at the corner of Blue Ridge and Trinity roads. This is a 60-minute group-based experience that provides education-based instruction on driving an exotic super car. Participants will drive 3 laps around an autocross course in a Ferrari 360 Modena or Lamborghini Gallardo. Student driver registration required. Family and friends can watch for free.
- Sportscard and Sports Memorabilia Show is Saturday in the Scott Building. Nearly 75 exhibitors will be selling sports cards and collectibles on approximately 160 tables at the show. Hours are Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults. Children ages 15 and under are admitted free.
- Carolina FiberFest is Friday and Saturday in the Holshouser Building. This event features classes, free demonstrations, and shopping for yarn, ready to spin fiber, patterns, tools, accessories and specialty items. Hours are Friday, 1 to 7 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free admission.
- Kennel Club Dog Show will be through Sunday in the Graham Building. AKC-registered dogs will compete each day in dog shows, obedience and rally trials. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Admission on Saturday and Sunday is $5 for adults, $2 for children ages 7 to 12 and senior citizens. Children under 7 admitted free. A different kennel club hosts competitions each day: Wednesday – Cary Kennel Club; Thursday – Alamance Kennel Club; Friday – Durham Kennel Club; Saturday – Raleigh Kennel Club; and Sunday – Fayetteville Kennel Club.
- Raleigh Spring Premier Benefit will be through Saturday at the Hunt Horse Complex. Show features classes for American Saddlebred horses, Roadster horses and ponies, Hackney ponies, Southeast riders and a full Morgan division. Show also features a full division for beginning riders who participate in the academy starting at 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon. Event times are 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday; 9 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturday. Free spectator admission.