Need plans this weekend? Here’s a look at the line up of events this weekend at the fairgrounds:
- The popular Kids Exchange Consignment Sale is returning to the Graham Building and Exposition Center this weekend, featuring more than 3 acres of gently used clothes, toys, accessories, furniture, bedding, books, videos and more. The sale is open to the public on Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free and most items are offered for half price on Sunday. The sale will be in the Graham Building only on Sunday, Jan. 26.
- Toy Train Sale and Swap Meet will be Saturday in the Scott Building. More than 100 vendors will offer Lionel, K-Line, MTH, Weaver, Atlas, American Flyer, Bachmann, Varney “N”, “HO”, “O”, “S”. and “G” gauge trains, accessories, track, switches and hard to find parts, and other toy train related items. Kid’s Club activities, hands-on layouts and train races, workshops and minor on-site repairs will also be offered. Auction begins at 1 p.m. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. General admission is $6 for adult and free for children under age 13 if accompanied by paying adult.
- DogGoneFast Flyball Club Flyball Tournament will be held Saturday and Sunday in the Holshouser Building. Flyball is a fast-paced family-oriented dog sport that has become a hit on Animal Planet and ESPN’s Great Outdoor Games. Hours are Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Spectators and leashed dogs are welcome to come and watch. Admission is free.
- The Raleigh Winter Indoor Hunter Jumper Show will be at the Hunt Horse Complex starting Thursday until Sunday. The show starts at 8 a.m. daily and spectator admission is free.
- The North Carolina All-School Cheer and Dance Championship and “Champions of the East” All-Star Cheer and Dance Competition will be Saturday in Dorton Arena. Doors open at 8 a.m. and the competition begins at 9 a.m. The event features cheerleaders and dancers of all ages competing to win their age divisions and the grand champion title. Admission is $15 for ages 13 to 64 and $8 for children under 13 and seniors 65 and up.
Come and enjoy plenty of free parking and of course, don’t forget that the Raleigh Flea Market takes place each Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.