The first weekend of 2015 is here and so is a full line up of events at the State Fairgrounds. If you are a bride-to-be, cat lover, antique collector or looking for a new hot tub then we’ve got you covered. Check out the full line up of events below:
- The Spa and Swim Show will be Friday through Sunday in the Exposition Center. According to organizers, hundred of hot tubs, swim spas and everything needed to create a backyard oasis will be available, and shoppers can expect discounts from 40 to 80 percent off suggested retail. Hours are Friday, noon to 8 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is free.
- The First in Flight Cat Club 13th Annual “Meowing in the New Year” TICA Cat Show will be held Friday through Sunday in the Holshouser Building. More than 250 cats of various breeds from around the world will be represented. Vendors will be selling cat-related merchandise and rescue groups will have cats and kittens for adoption. Hours are Friday, 2 to 9 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults, $4 for senior citizens and students with ID, and $3 for ages 2 to 12.
- The Forever Bridal Wedding Show will be held in the Graham building on Saturday and Sunday. More than 200 wedding professionals will be available to assist brides in planning their dream wedding. Fashion shows will be held hourly. Hours are Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $15, ages 12 and under are admitted free. Brides can save on admission by pre-registering online at foreverbridal.net.
- The Old North State Antique Gun and Military Collector Show will be held Saturday and Sunday in the Scott Building. Antique guns and U.S. and foreign military arms and memorabilia will be exhibited, bought, sold and traded. Items for sale includes relics, books, uniforms and insignias. Free appraisals will also be available. Hours are Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $8 for ages 13 and up, $1 for ages 7 to 12, and free for children 6 and under.
- The Carolina Piedmont Dog Agility Competition will be Friday through Sunday at the Hunt Horse Complex. Competitions start daily at 8 a.m. and run until 4 p.m. Admission is free.
And as usual, the popular Raleigh Flea Market will be in the Commercial and Education Building and outside grounds. More than 600 vendors offer antiques, collectibles, handicrafts, furniture, homemade goodies, clothing, jewelry and more on Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.