Check out what’s happening at the state fairgrounds this weekend:
- Piedmont Racing Expo & Auction will be Friday and Saturday in the Exposition Center. This is a racing trade show and the area’s largest consignment auction of racing-related parts, tools and equipment. Show hours are Friday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Racing parts auction begins at noon on Friday and 9 a.m. on Saturday. Rolling stock auction begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Fairgrounds Racer’s Reunion autograph session is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is $10 each day and ages 12 to 15 are admitted for $5 per day. Women and kids under 12 are admitted free.
- US Grappling Raleigh is Saturday in Dorton Arena. Event includes Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and submission grappling for juvenile Gi and non-Gi competition. Competition brackets include juvenile ages 4 and up, men’s division, men’s over 30 division, and a women’s division. Pre-register or register the day of the event. Spectators are free.
- Dixie Gun & Knife Classic is Saturday and Sunday in the Graham Building. Buy, sell or trade. Modern and collectible firearms, custom-made knives, hunting and fishing equipment, ammo, gun accessories, reloading supplies and more. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is $9 for adults and children under 12 are free with paying adult. Visit their website for a $1 discount admission coupon.
- Raleigh Reptile & Exotic Animal Show is Saturday and Sunday in the Scott Building. This event features vendors offering reptile pets, supplies, feeders, cages, and merchandise as well as live animal seminars and free raffles for prizes. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $10, ages 5 to 12 are admitted for $5. Ages four and under are admitted free. Visit the website for special offers on 2-day and VIP tickets. Special two-day general admission tickets are available for $15. Early Admission VIP tickets also available.
- Carolina Coin and Stamp Show is Saturday and Sunday in the Holshouser Building. Coins, postcards and stamps, currency (U.S., foreign, ancient, gold & silver) will be available. Dealers will be buying and selling foreign, domestic and ancient currency. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free.
- The N.C. State University Wolfpack Wrestling Team hosts the University of Virginia in ACC competition at Dorton Arena on Sunday. The Alumni Day matches start at 1 p.m. with free admission.
- Raleigh Flea Market will be selling antiques, furniture, collectibles and more in the Commercial and Education buildings and outside grounds from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.