Brides-to-be will find the fairgrounds the place to be on Saturday and Sunday as the Southern Bridal Show and Expo sets up in the Graham Building. Meet more than 150 Triangle-area wedding experts. Also enjoy wedding fashion previews featuring the latest trends in bridal wear. Event hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $10 per person. Children age 12 and under are admitted free. Pre-register and purchase tickets online to receive a $2 discount.
The Hunt Horse Complex hosts several events this weekend:
- Summer Special NWHA Regional Championship Horse Show, Aug. 7
The National Walking Horse Association will presents its Region 3 Championship horse show in the Hunt Horse Complex, Friday, starting at 6 p.m. The show will feature Honorable Shannon Gibbs as the judge. Spectator admission is free.
- Johnston County Horse Show Series, Aug. 7-9
The JCHSS Summer Special will bring several horse associations together for an exciting and fast-paced equine competition. The show will be held in the Hunt Horse Complex Friday through Sunday. Events will include open, dressage and hunter jumper. The shows run from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. The JCHSS will also host a one-day equestrian fair in the Indoor Complex Saturday in support of North Carolina’s equine businesses and programs.
- Finally Farm Horse Show, Aug. 7-9
The 2015 Finally Farm Summer Special Horse Show will be held in the Hunt Horse Complex Friday through Sunday. Events are for hunter jumpers only. The shows start at 9 a.m. and end at 6 p.m. each day. Admission is free to the public.
Other events at the fairgrounds:
- The Raleigh Flea Market is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday. Each weekend, the Commercial and Education buildings and the outside grounds are host to hundreds of dealers, craftsmen and booths.
- Toy Train Sale and Swap Meet will be Saturday in the Scott Building. More than 100 vendors will offer Lionel, K-Line, MTH, Weaver, Atlas, American Flyer, Bachmann, Varney “N”, “HO”, “O”, “S”. and “G” gauge trains, accessories, track, switches and hard to find parts, and other toy train related items. Kid’s Club activities, hands-on layouts and train races, workshops and minor on-site repairs will also be offered. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. A special raffle will be held at 3 p.m. General admission is $6 for adult and free for children under age 13 if accompanied by paying adult.
- Por Una Vida Mejor will be held in the Scott Building on Sunday. This event is a health and wellness fair oriented to the health issues of the Hispanic community from the Triangle area. Event features family entertainment with booths offering health, development and professional services. Hours are 4 to 7 p.m. and admission is free.