If you have out-of-town guests for Easter or time to kill between egg hunts, then come on out to the fairgrounds. This weekend features a variety of events, including an all-Arabian horse show, Hamfest, sports-card and memorabilia show, the flea market and more. Event information is below:
- The Raleigh Flea Market is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday, featuring hundreds of dealers, craftsmen and booths.
- The 43nd Annual Raleigh Hamfest will be Saturday in the Graham Building. This is a huge electronic flea market for new & used amateur radio and electronic equipment. Amateur Radio License examinations start at 9 a.m. Other events include forums, construction projects and a youth lounge. Show hours are 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
- The Sportscard and Sports Memorabilia Show is Saturday in the Scott Building. Nearly 75 exhibitors will be selling sports cards and collectibles on 160 tables. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults, and children ages 15 and under are admitted free.
- Calvary Chapel Cary will hold an Easter Services Sunday in Dorton Arena. Doors open at 9:15 a.m. and the worship service begins at 10 a.m. and concludes at noon. Everyone is invited to attend. Admission is free. Childcare is available for ages 1-4. The service will be signed for the deaf and interpreted in Spanish.
- The Expectant Parents & Kids Easter Expo is Saturday in the Martin Building. Show features vendors offering a variety of products and services for children, expectant parents and grandparents. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and admission is free.
- The Supercar Autocross Ride & Drive Experience returns to the Blue Ridge and Trinity Lot on Saturday and Sunday. The Ferrari and Lamborghini Agility Experience is a 60-minute group-based experience that provides instruction on driving an exotic super car. Participants can drive three laps around the autocross course in a Ferrari 360 Modena or Lamborghini Gallardo, and have the opportunity to meet fellow super-car enthusiasts. Student driver registration required. Free admission for spectators.
- The 39th annual Region 12 & 15 All-Arabian Horse Show is Friday through Sunday at the Hunt Horse Complex. This Arabian and half-Arabian competition includes halter, sport horse, dressage, hunter jumper and carriage driving. Admission is free. Show starts at 8 a.m. each day.