It’s time again to choose a Deep Fried Ambassador, a blogger whose enthusiasm for the N.C. State Fair is close to our own. Our very first Deep Fried Ambassador, Suzanne from the Pretty*Swell blog, blew away all our expectations last year and set the bar pretty high for everyone who comes after her as an official blogger. Suzanne took full advantage of her position and even named a deputy ambassador to help her experience the fun. She covered everything from the Turkey Shoot to food and rides, and sooo much more. (Click on the “Deep Fried Ambassador” tag on the left to read all of her adventures.)
So, now we need someone to follow in her (very stylish) footsteps and become an honorary member of our crew. As the 2010 Deep Fried Ambassador, you’ll get to experience the State Fair as you’ve never seen it before. The Deep Fried Ambassador will get the ultimate behind-the-scenes scoop with the chance to attend our pre-Fair media lunch (Monday, Oct. 11) where we introduce our media partners to the newest foods, entertainers, information and fun the N.C. State Fair has to offer. You’ll also get great State Fair swag and, of course, tickets so you can come back every day of the Fair and document your experiences for all our friends to enjoy.
We’re looking for someone from North Carolina who is 18 years or older. Here are the rules:
- Publish a post on your blog about why you love the N.C. State Fair and why you would make a great Deep Fried Ambassador. Be sure you let us know how to contact you via e-mail.
- Once you publish the post, do one of three things:
- Tweet out a link to us at @NCStateFair
- Post the link on our Facebook wall
- Send an e-mail with the link to email@example.com
- Deadline for entries is Friday, Oct. 1. We will send the winning blogger an e-mail on Monday, Oct. 4, when we announce the 2010 Deep Fried State Fair Ambassador here on our blog, Facebook and Twitter.
I would like to nominate my wife Beth Smith, who has never been to the state fair. She has had a really rough year. She was diagnosed with cancer in January and has had 3 surgeries and 6 months of Chemo. Has had to miss work, which her employer shows cattle at the state fair every year. We’ve had a rough year physically, emotionally and financially and this would be a fun way to end the year and celebrate that with her third surgery, where they removed 40% of her liver, is as of right now, cancer free and will not have to go through anymore chemo for now. A local newspaper article was written about her and her situation. You can go to http://www.kinston.com/news/taking-68322-beth-tumor.html to view it. Again, this would be a fun way to celebrate a victory of taking down cancer.