Cue Gob Bluth because you’re reading the final countdown blog post before the 2011 N.C. State Fair. That’s right, in just one month, we’ll open the gates and start the largest celebration in the state. Can’t wait another month? Here are five things you can do right now to join in the fun.
5. Share your State Fair memories: We’ve mentioned it a couple times on the blog (here and here), but the third times the charm. The State Library of North Carolina has created a new archive of State Fair premium books, photos and memorabilia from the state archives. You can upload your own fair stories and photos here.
4. Buy your tickets online: Don’t let lines at the gate stand between you and the fair. Buy your tickets early and bypass the lines. Discount tickets are available online now through Oct. 13, and walk-up locations will open Sept. 29.
3. Get connected: If you’re reading this, you already know we have a blog. Did you know we’re also on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr? Stay in touch and let us know how we can help make your visit an affair to remember.
2. Get involved: We love blogging about the fair, but it’s always good to get a new perspective on our favorite event. If you love the fair and love to blog, then stay tuned for information on our Deep Fried Ambassador promotion. Check out posts from the 2009 Deep Fried Ambassador here.
1. Pass it on: Share your excitement with someone else. Tell them why you have a “Love A Fair” with the N.C. State Fair. Let them know about your favorite exhibits, foods or rides at the fair. And, most importantly, remind them that the State Fair opens one month from today, on Oct. 13.
Thanks for including us! We have received so many great memories for the collection. We can’t wait until Oct. 13th!
Government and Heritage Library
Thanks for all that you have done for the State Fair. Blue Ribbon Memories is a really great site. We can’t wait to see even more stories during the fair.