Most fair enthusiasts know that the best way to see the fair (other than working there) is to get your tickets in advance. It saves you a good bit of cash and you can avoid standing in line to get your admission tickets. But you only have a few days left to buy them.
Adult tickets are $7 in advance, $9 at the gate. Children’s tickets are $3 in advance, $4 at the gate. Ride sheets (18 tickets per sheet) are $10 in advance, $1 each at the fair.
Discount tickets are available on the website and at nine retail locations through Thursday. On Thursday, the discount will be available through 11:59 p.m. on the web and you must be in line by 6 p.m. at the retail locations.
- Triangle Town Center, Center Court, Raleigh;
- Northgate Mall, Customer Service Area, Durham;
- N.C. Museum of History, 5 W. Edenton St., Raleigh;
- N.C. State Fairgrounds, Gate 9 off Trinity Road, Raleigh;
- State Farmers Market, 1201 Agriculture St., Raleigh;
- Lynns Hallmark Shop, 1800 East Franklin St., Chapel Hill;
- Lynn’s Hallmark Shop, 2401 Raleigh Parkway West, Wilson;
- Clayton Corners Shopping Center, Jackson Hewitt Office, Clayton.
I did a bit of math (scary for a communications major, I know). A family of 4 who is buying 2 adult tickets (save $4), 2 children’s tickets (save $2) and 2 ride sheets (save $8) will save $22 over gate prices. So it goes to show that a little bit of planning will save you real money. You can then plan to use your savings to buy your favorite fair foods!
So don’t delay. Buy your tickets today.