Last week, we brought you the first installment of our very busy entertainment lineup. Today, we finish it up with part deux. The racing pigs and the King BMX show are two of the most popular acts on the ground. We’re excited to bring back the Kenny & Amanda Smith Band to offer topnotch entertainment on the Bluegrass Stage. And we’ve got new acts on the Waterfall Stage, including Jeanne Jolly, who has a dedicated local following. We’re supplementing both of those stages with additional acts on the weekend to keep the fun going.
So without further ado, here’s part two:
- King Action Sports Stunt Show Our favorite BMX bikers show up at the grandstand when the Tractor Pull pulls out. This high-flying stunt spectacular kicks off in the Grandstand on Monday, Oct. 18, and continues through the end of the Fair. Keith King will have flatland, ramp and motocross riders again this year for an action-packed show. Times are: Monday through Thursday, noon, 3 and 5 p.m.; Friday at 11 a.m., 1, 3 and 5 p.m.; Saturday at 10 a.m., noon, and 5 p.m. and Sunday at 10 a.m., noon and 5 p.m. (Times change on the weekend to accommodate the Demolition Derby.)
- Circle C Racing Pigs – We LOVE our racing pigs. My second year on the job, we didn’t have racing pigs, and just short of a riot occurred. Our loyal fairgoers made sure their voices were heard and we haven’t gone another year without this State Fair tradition featuring pigs, ducks and goats racing ’round the oval. (As it should be, right?) The checkered flag drops daily at 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 p.m. at Hogway Speedway, near Gate 9. (Added bonus, the Circle C Petting Zoo will again be next door.)
Waterfall Stage (Sponsored by Kitchencraft)
- Jeanne Jolly: Raleigh-native Jeanne Jolly will perform original music and cover songs on the Waterfall Stage. Performances daily at noon, 3 and 6 p.m., except on Wednesday, Oct. 20 – Military Appreciation Day. On opening day, Jeanne will perform at 4 and 6 p.m.
- Hicksboro Station The Waterfall Stage gets additional performances on the weekends by Hicksboro Station, a North Carolina-based country – rock band. Hicksboro Station will perform at 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Kenny & Amanda Smith Band – This Grammy-nominated bludgrass group returns to Heritage Circle for daily performances of original music and cover songs. Catch them at noon, 2:30 and 5 p.m.