If you couldn’t tell by the recent weather, the turning of the seasons is upon us. Today marks the first day of fall, which can mean only one thing: There are only 22 days (!) until the N.C. State Fair opens. As the leaves start to turn, college football ramps up and we start breaking out our jackets, things are buzzing around the fairgrounds.
This weekend is the last for shoppers to search for bargains at the Raleigh Flea Market at the State Fairgrounds before the market closes in preparation for the N.C. State Fair, which runs Oct. 15-25. The Raleigh Flea Market, which operates on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year and features hundreds of dealers and crafters, traditionally closes for the month of October for preparation and operation of the annual State Fair. The market is one of the largest in the Southeast and draws thousands of shoppers each weekend.
In addition to the last weekend of the Flea Market, other events this weekend include:
- The fall edition of the Southern Ideal Home Show Sept. 25-27 in the Expo Center, Dorton Arena and Graham Building
- The North State Toy & Hobby Show in the Scott Building
- The Raleigh Bottle Club Antique Bottle & Collectibles Show in the Martin Building
- The AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day Sept. 26 in the Holshouser Building
- The N.C. Quarter Horse Association Futurity Sept. 25-27 in the Hunt Horse Complex
For more on any of the weekend events, check out the fairgrounds events calendar or call (919) 821-7400.