The weather is going to be positively spring-like this weekend. Perfect for melting snow and checking out the full slate of events at the State Fairgrounds. Read more about the events below.
- The Dixie Gun and Knife Classic is Saturday and Sunday in the Graham Building. Attendees can buy, sell or trade collectible firearms, custom-made knives, hunting equipment, fishing gear, ammo and more. Event hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $9 for adults. Children ages 12 and under are admitted for free.
- The Raleigh Flea Market is Saturday and Sunday at the Commercial and Education buildings and outdoor grounds. The market features items such as home decorations, furniture and more. Hours are 9 a.m.to 6 p.m. both days.
- Flyball may be the only activity you can watch on both ESPN and Animal Planet. This dog sport involves relay teams of four dogs each racing to jump hurdles and catch tennis balls. The DogGone Fast Flyball Tournament is Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Holshouser Building. Admission is free, and spectators and leashed dogs are welcome. Go to www.doggonefast.com for more.
- The North State Toy and Hobby Show is Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Scott Building. Adult admission is $5 per day or $7 for a weekend pass. Children ages 15 and under are admitted free. This event will feature over 70 exhibitors buying, selling and trading brands such as Barbie, Star Wars and Hot Wheels.
- Wedding and Quinceanera Expo is Sunday in the Martin Building. Hours are noon to 4 p.m.Call 919-673-1889 for information.
- Triangle Farms NCHJA “C” Indoors Horse Show is Friday through Sunday at the Hunt Horse Complex. Daily shows begin at 8 a.m. Admission is free for spectators.
- 32nd Annual Piedmont Racing Expo & Auction and Motorsports Trade Show, Auction and Racers Reunion is Friday and Saturday in the Exposition Center. This is the area’s largest consignment auction of racing related parts, tools and equipment. Show opens Friday 10 a.m. and auction starts at noon. Doors open Saturday at 8 a.m. and auction starts at 9. The Raleigh Fairgrounds Legendary Drivers Reunion and autograph session is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is $10 each day. Ages 12 to 15 are admitted for $5, women and children ages 12 and under are admitted free.
- Champion Cheerleading Competition, the North Carolina All-School Cheer & Dance Championship and “Champions of the East” All-Star Cheer & Dance Championship, is Saturday in Dorton Arena. Doors open at 9 a.m. Competition features cheerleaders and dancers of all ages competing to win their age divisions and grand champion. Admission is $14, ages 6 to 12 and 65-plus are admitted for $8.