At last night’s Deep Fried Triangle Tweetup, more than 150 revelers (twevelers?) came together to celebrate deep-fried food, face-painted Fail Whales and, of course, the rocking Twitter community here in the Triangle. We had a great time at the event, and we hope our tweeps did too.
Also, we want to give attendees (and everyone else who came to the Fair on Thursday) a HUGE shout out for your contributions to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina (@FoodBankCENC). By bringing four cans in exchange for admission on Food Lion Hunger Relief Day (@FoodLion), you helped us raised the most poundage of canned food ever — 237, 534 pounds, to be exact. Tweeps also help set a new attendance record for a Thursday at the N.C. State Fair, as 108, 929 came in through the gates. #FTW!
For those who couldn’t make it, we had a live stream of the event (a.k.a. Deep-Fried Television) up on our Web site, where 43 unique visitors tuned in to get in on the fun. For those who were, we had facepainting, caricatures, magic tricks, a Twitter-themed scavenger hunt and, of course, deep-fried food. (And yes, if you were wondering, this was attended by adult tweeps. Although we had a few awesome children who are on Twitter, too.)
As you might expect, all of these elements led to some very interesting tweets. Here are just a few:
Be sure to check out the hashtags #triangletweetup and #deepfriedhunt, which follow the night’s tweets during the tweetup and the Twitter-themed scavenger hunt. We also added our tweetup Flickr photos to the Triangle Tweetup group, so tag them on there.
Also, we want to keep up news article and tweeps’ musing on the event here on this post. If you attended the tweetup, send us a link to your blog post, videos and photos by commenting here, tweeting it over to @NCStateFair or emailing us.
Here’s a good start:
- Fair event brings tweeting friends together (via @NewsObserver)
- Deep Fried #TriangleTweetup a SUCCESS! (via @mollybuckly)
- Twitter birds on faces photo set (via @waynesutton)
- The scene @NCStateFair #TriangleTweetup (via @GinnySkal)
- Triangle Tweetup Flickr set (via @andybeal)
- Deep Fried Triangle Tweetup set (via @dgtlpapercuts)
- Deep Fried Triangle Tweetup Flickr set (via @1918)
- Raleigh TweetUp Helps State Fair Break Attendance Record (via @TwitFools)
- N.C. State Fair’s “A Whole Lotta Happy” is A Whole Lotta Successful (via @MMIPR)
- Deep Fried Fun at NC State Fair (via @bmcd67)
- State Fair Deep Fried Tweetup 2009 Flickr set (via @bmcd67)
- My first tweetup in the Triangle (via @jeromius)