It’s hard to believe that it’s been seven months since the start of the 2010 N.C. State Fair. It seems like it was just yesterday we were trying our first Krispy Kreme Burger, going for a ride on the Fighter, and passing a new milestone with more than 1 million of our closest friends. We’re gearing up for the 2011 N.C. State Fair, Oct. 13-23, and can’t wait to share more about the food, rides and entertainment that make this one of the best events in the state.
This weekend at the Fairgrounds, check out the following events:
- Region 10 Quarter Horse Experience, Hunt Horse Complex; May 13-15
- Sportscard and Sports Memorabilia Show, Scott Building; May 13-15
- WRAL’s Wellness Weekend, Graham Building; May 14-15
- Mid Atlantic Hound Association Dog Show, Holshouser Building; May 14-15
- Raleigh Flea Market, Commercial and Education Buildings; May14-15
If you need a more immediate fair fix, check out the Got to Be NC Festival, May 20-22, at the State Fairgrounds. The festival features more than 1,000 pieces of antique farm equipment, a food and wine expo, fiber fest, barbecue cook-off, fish fry, classic car show, live music, grandstand events, carnival rides and more. Gate admission, parking and grandstand events are free. The Deep Fried Crew will be there covering all the events, so check back here or visit the Got to Be NC Festival blog for updates.
With just five months remaining, we want to hear from you. What are you most looking forward to about the 2011 State Fair?
I can’t wait to have my daughter compete with her rabbits!! We are so excited. This will be her first year!! We love the NC Fair!!